FONCTIONALITIES’ GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE CITROËN ORIGINS AROUND THE WORLD
The map functionality on the Website allows users to post an image of their Citroën Vehicle when the model of said Vehicle matches one of the models on the Website.
This section allows all Website users to:
- Publish — in compliance with the terms of the clauses « conditions related to website publications » and "Respect for the rights of third parties" and "Authorisation for the use of user content" below — a photograph of their Citroën vehicle (hereinafter the "Vehicle") and/or a story, subject to the validation of said post by AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and provided that the visitor fills in the form available on the Website with the following information:
• first and last names or a pseudonym,
• the city in which the Citroën Vehicle in the photograph is located,
• the model of their Vehicle, with the understanding that the version of said Vehicle may or may not be specified,
- Share a story about the Vehicle in the photograph,
- Post comments that can be seen by all other users,
- "Like" posts from other users, it being specified that this functionality is limited to one "like" per user and per photograph,
- Share their post on the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
For a post to be validated, the user must fill in the form containing the mandatory information defined above, after having viewed the tutorial giving detailed instruction about the terms and conditions for publication of any photograph, and after having ticked the box indicating that he or she accepts this Legal Notice.
The post will appear once it has been validated by AUTOMOBILES CITROEN in accordance with the clause "Procedures for publication on the Website", on the world map rather than the city indicated, with the first and last name or pseudonym of the user, the user's comments (story), and the photograph of the user's Vehicle.
The user may request the withdrawal of said post at any time by filling in the request form available on the site Citroën Customer Relations at https://citroen-fr-fr.custhelp.com/app/ask or by clicking on the present link corresponding to the web address.
A web browser such as Internet Explorer (version 10 or higher), Google Chrome (version n-2 or higher), Safari (version 10 or higher), or Firefox (version n-2 or higher) is required to use the Website. Under no circumstances may AUTOMOBILES CITROEN and its partners be held liable if the use of the Website is incompatible with the user's hardware, software, or the functional features of the user's equipment.
The Website may not be accessible in certain countries that do not authorise the services used by the Website. AUTOMOBILES CITROEN and its partners exclude any liability in respect thereof.
1. Procedures for publication on the Website
All users are advised that when a user uses the Website and/or publishes content or information on the Website, all other users will be able to access and use said content and information, and said content and information will be linked to the user (i.e. the user's first and last name, pseudonym, etc.). Content disseminated or published on the Website is the exclusive responsibility of the user.
AUTOMOBILES CITROËN systematically verifies that the content published or disseminated by users before publishing it on the Website, but said content remains the exclusive responsibility of users. AUTOMOBILES CITROËN, at its own discretion, will decide whether or not to accept the publication of the content offered by the user on the Website, without being obliged to carry out said verification within any specific time period or to provide reasons for the refusal to publish the content offered by the user.
Nevertheless, AUTOMOBILES CITROËN reserves the right, at its own discretion, at any time and without prior notice and without the need to provide justification, to moderate, modify, or delete any content published on the Website.
The following thus must not be included on the photograph and/or in the comments related to the photograph:
- Natural person
- Licence plate number
- Logos or distinguishing symbols of any brand other than Citroën,
This list must not be considered as exhaustive.
All users thus certify and warrant to AUTOMOBILES CITROËN (and its partners) that they are not violating any third-party rights, either directly or indirectly, including image rights, and that they own all the intellectual property rights to the content they publish and disseminate on the Website on the date said content is uploaded.
No person shall publish on the Website any content of any kind or perform any action of any kind that may violate the rights of third parties (copyright, trademark, and all other rights) or the law.
No person shall modify, disparage, or alter and/or use for commercial purposes all or part of the content and information disseminated on the Website, in particular the musical files and content, and such use may result in legal action being brought before the courts.
Without this list being considered as exhaustive, the following are specifically forbidden:
- Using the Website for purposes other than for a strictly personal use, in particular for commercial or business purposes, or for any other purpose not provided for in the general terms and conditions,
- Publishing commercial communications or marketing operations on the Website, or engaging in any form of solicitation via the Website,
- Publishing, downloading, or posting on the Website, directly or via a third party, any malicious or fraudulent unwanted messages, spam, viruses, codes, interferences, or computer programs,
- Accessing the Website and publishing content on the Website with the help of automated messages,
- Publishing content inciting hatred or violence or that is indecent, vulgar, threatening, humiliating, pornographic or that contains nudity or gratuitous violence, the aim or effect of which is to intimidate or harass other users, concerning alcoholic beverages, tobacco, the organisation of any type of game, lottery, or contest, official documents or financial information, or, in general, inciting non-compliance with this Legal Notice,
- Using the Website in an unlawful, malicious, fraudulent, or discriminatory manner.
Any behaviour by a user that could harm the image of AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and/or that is contrary to public order and/or morality œmay result in the permanent deletion of the user's publication and/or anecdote.
Users are solely and fully responsible for how they use the Website, and the direct or indirect consequences of said use. Users are responsible for ensuring their use complies with regulations in effect. Any recourse in this respect against AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and/or its services providers and partners and/or any entity of PSA Group is excluded.
If the User fails to comply with this Legal Notice and/or if the use of the Website harms or is likely to harm the image of AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and/or its service providers and/or partners and/or any entity of PSA Group, AUTOMOBILES CITROËN reserves the right to suspend the User or prevent the User from using the Website, and to delete any content and information published on the Website, if AUTOMOBILES CITROËN decides that such use constitutes an offence under the law or violates this Legal Notice, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available.
Users acknowledge and accept that any content or information published or disseminated on the Website is not confidential. Due to the nature of the internet, users also recognise that anything that is published or disseminated via the Website may be reproduced online by any third party. AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and/or its services providers and/or partners and/or any entity of PSA Group cannot be held liable in any way for this fact.
3. Authorisation to process user content
When users publish or disseminate content of any kind on the Website, they freely and knowingly acknowledge and accept that by placing their content online and reproducing it in a public forum, they are granting AUTOMOBILES CITROËN (and its partners) authorisation, free of charge and throughout the world, to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (translation, adaptation, etc.), communicate, publish, represent, and publicly distribute said content, for the purpose of promoting or improving the Website.
This authorisation is valid for the entire legal term of protection of rights to said content. It includes the right to reproduce and represent content for communications purposes (internal, external, and corporate). In any event, said authorisation does not create any obligation for AUTOMOBILES CITROËN (and its partners) to use the content published or disseminated by users.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Website owner warns users that the majority of the Website content:
1. is protected by copyright, whether in the form of photographs, articles, designs, animated sequences or recordings in digital audio or video format,
2. and/or is protected by the laws governing designs and models, with more particular reference to the vehicles displayed on the Website,
3. is protected by trademark law, more particularly the “Citroën” trademark, the “double chevron” logo, the “Creative Technologie” brand signature, the semi-figurative trademark “PSA Peugeot Citroën”, together with all vehicle model brands displayed on the Website. The protected content is owned by Automobiles Citroën, by its subsidiaries or by third parties which have authorised the Website owner to use this content on the Website.
Any reproduction, representation, use, adaptation, modification, inclusion, translation or marketing, whether in whole or in part, in any manner whatsoever and by any means whatsoever (paper, digital, etc.) of the “Citroën” trademark, the “double chevron” figurative trademark, the “Creative Technologie” brand signature, the “Peugeot” trademark, the semi-figurative “stylized lion” (“lion complet stylisé”) trademark, the semi-figurative trademark “PSA Peugeot Citroën“ and/or of the vehicle models displayed on the Website is prohibited.
This software is protected by copyright and implies the existence of a licence agreement. Its unauthorised use constitutes copyright infringement.
INFORMATION ON PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Information and illustrations displayed on the pages of the Website are based on technical features existing at the time the pages are uploaded or updated. Vehicle equipment displayed on the Website is either standard or optional, depending on the version. Due to a policy of constant product improvement, technical features, equipment, options and vehicle colours may be changed at any time. Colours may not be faithfully displayed, as current technology does not allow accurate colour representation. The models and/or versions presented on the Website, together with their equipment, options and accessories, are those distributed in mainland France. They may vary from country to country, may not be available worldwide, or may not be approved for use in a given country. The information displayed on the Website is in any event of a general nature and is not contractually binding.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You are not required to disclose your identity or any other personal data in order to consult the Website www.citroen.com.hk.
You, the user, have the right to access and correct any personal data you provide by writing to us at:
Some personal data is necessary in order to meet your requests for information, and/or, as need be, to process your request to subscribe to a mailing list. This is also the case for any application for employment and/or response to a job offer.
The data collected are processed electronically. You have the right to access, change, correct or remove your personal data.
You may exercise this right by writing to us at: 9th floor, no.100 Texaco Road, Tsuan Wan or sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your use of the Website www.citroen.com.hk is at your sole and entire risk. PSA and its subsidiaries will have no liability for any direct or consequential loss or damage, including any material loss, loss of data or financial loss, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website or associated websites. You should note that certain products or services presented on the Website www.citroen.com.hk may be subject to specific regulations or even restrictions and/or prohibitions in certain countries. On its Website www.citroen.com.hk, PSA allows you the option of sending personal messages through servers under its management responsibility, giving you the opportunity to inform your contacts of interesting articles or documents featured on the Website. PSA will have no liability with regard to a written message sent to a contact through the intermediary of its Website www.citroen.com.hk, and will have no liability for messages not written by it and over which it has no control. Stock market data displayed on the Website www.citroen.com.hk are provided by EURONEXT SA and distributed by Sungard for information only. This data must not under any circumstances be used for the immediate purpose of carrying out transactions. We invite you to consult your financial intermediary before engaging in any transaction. Past performance is not in any event a guide to future performance, and PSA cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable for any use which may be made of this data and information.
The prior written authorisation of PSA is necessary for the creation of any hypertext link to the Website www.citroen.com.hk. PSA will not in any event have any liability for the content or products and services offered on the websites to which the Website www.citroen.com.hk is linked by either hypertext links or any other type of link.
Governing law and jurisdiction